Team Conference table

Congratulations to the 2017 PHGSA Officers!

The Public Health Graduate Student Association has selected its officers for 2017.  Congratulations to these newly elected students.

Emma Barnes

PRESIDENT – Emma Barnes (HPM): ​As a first year MPH student and having recently moved to Knoxville, I would love to serve on PHGSA to help bring the community closer together through this time of uncertainty. I put my everything into this program, and will do just the same if nominated to be your president.

TyKeara Mims

VICE PRESIDENT – TyKeara Mims (CHE):  I am a Knoxville native, and a first year MPH student. I received my undergraduate degree in World History from Spelman College. I have enjoyed meeting and interacting with everyone in the program, and I look forward to accepting every opportunity to become more involved with the department.

Rebecca Nowack

TREASURER – Rebecca Nowack (CHE): Rebecca is also pursuing a minor in Epidemiology. She is a graduate of UTK, where she majored in Microbiology with a minor in Child and Family Studies. In her free time,  she enjoys  training for her second half-marathon, spending time with family, and working where she also teaches aerobic classes at the Sevierville Community Center. She is excited to help further build  PHGSA’s membership and help to organize events around National Public Week on our campus this spring.

Rachel Wojciechowski

SECRETARY – Rachel Wojciechowski (HPM): While being new to Knoxville and the department, I am in search of opportunities to become more involved. Having a position in PHGSA would be an incredible way to be more engaged with all members in department of public health as well as in our community. I very much look forward to the opportunity to be a part of the team and make contributions to the department and the association.

Quinten Ash

PHILANTHROPY CHAIR – Quinten Ash (CHE): Quinten is from Columbia, SC and is currently enrolled in his second semester of grad school at UT. He majored in Exercise Science during his undergraduate career. Hes look forward to building a sense of community amongst the public health faculty, students, and the Knoxville community.

And thank you to the outgoing officers for all of their hard work in 2016.