The Department would like to congratulate the following faculty members on being recognized for the fantastic work that they have done during the 2016-2017 academic year.
Assistant Professor Jennifer Jabson
Congratulations to Assistant Professor Jennifer Jabson for being the recipient of the 2016 CEHHS Irma Fitch Giffels Award.
The Irma Fitch Fiffels Award is awarded to a faculty member in the health or human sciences area of Child and Family Studies; Nutrition; Public Health; or Retail, Hospitality, and Tourism Management. This award is based on superlative research, teaching, or service.
Jason also recently received the 2016 Chancellor’s Honors LGBT Advocate Award. This award recognizes a faculty member, staff member, or student who demonstrates a commitment ot advancing lesbian, gay, bisexual,and transgender issues on campus.
You can read more about Dr. Jabson and her research interests here.
Assistant Professor J. Chen
Congratulations to Assistant Professor J. Chen for being the recipient of the 2016 CEHHS Frances Speight Clark Award.
The Frances Speight Clark Award is used for faculty enrichment and development in the health or human sciences areas of Child and Family Studies; Nutrition; Public Health; or Retail, Hospitality, and Tourism Management. The intended use of the award is:
- to recognize outstanding achievement in a given field on a given project.
- to be used a as seed dollars for a new research project or to continue a successful project until permanent funding is found.
- to fund faculty travel to professional meetings.
- to fund and international faculty exchange.
Click here to read Dr. Chen’s faculty biography page.
Associate Professor Clea McNeely
Congratulations to Associate Professor Clea McNeely on receiving the 2016 College Senate Faculty Mentoring Award. This award is given to a faculty member who has mentored other faculty, especially nontenured tenure-track faculty, providing counsel, guidance, support, and encouragement in their department, the college, and/or the university.
You can read more about Dr. McNeely here.
Congratulatons are also in order for:
- Department Head Paul Erwin for receiving the Reviewer for the year award from The American Journal of Public Health.
- Assistant Professor Samantha Erlich for the receipt of a grant from the Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases for her study of “Physical Activity in Pregnancy for Intergenerational Obesity Prevention.