Each spring, undergraduate students in our “Introduction to Public Health class” are tasked with creating short videos to educate the public about important public health topics. The goal for each team is to make a video which can be entered into the Tennessee Public Health Association’s Annual Student Video Challenge.
Our students have had an incredible winning streak since the inception of the Video Challenge. And we are happy to announce that the streak continues. Below is the winner of the 2018 challenge, along with with the other videos created by the amazing students in this semester’s class.
- Winner of the 2018 TPHA Student Video Challenge
Mental Health Stigmas – Brynn Seaton, Lisa Murrell, Katherine Johnson, and McKenzie Franklin
- Childhood Vaccine Myths – Carolina Bustamante and Lillian Howard
- Food Insecurity – Rebecca Williams and Halle Perryman
- Childhood Obesity – Anneka Granvold, Nia Kinley, Jessica Cox, Kyra Moulton, and Briana Watson
- HPV Vaccine – Anna Brawner and Emma Heins
- Youth Mental Health – De’Jun Carter and Anthony Dollar
- Childhood Obesity – Sydney Myers and Carmen Jones.
- Reversing Heat Disease – Brooke Bowman, Andy Skipper, Madison Graham, and Kelly Stewart
- Sports Nutrition and Healthy Eating – Priscila Doria and Jared Walker
- Opiod Epidemic – George Johnson, Chesnee Sumner, Brianna Plummer, and Haylee Young