Assistant Professor Robert Lieberthal was recently interviewed for an article posted on WalletHub. The article, titled “2018’s Best and Worst States for Health Care” posted on August 6, 2018.
In the article, Dr. Lieberthal, along with a group of other healthcare experts, shared his thoughts on five questions:
- Major insurers, including Blue Cross, Aetna and Humana, have pulled out of many state-run insurance exchanges, leaving residents of some counties with few, if any, options for coverage. What effects will this have for the market in the future?
- How has the recently enacted health-care reform reshaped state health care systems? How has it impacted businesses and the provision of employer-sponsored plans?
- What tips do you have for a person looking to find the right balance between the cost of premium and level of coverage?
- What are the most important steps Americans can take to minimize health-related expenditures?
- What are the most important metrics for evaluating state health care systems?